Mr. William J. Sujkowski, a polish immigrant born in 1840, settled in Toledo, Ohio in 1881 and established the first Sujkowski family funeral home in the 2800 block of LaGrange St. in the year of 1888.
William J. passed away in 1921 leaving one of his sons, William K., born in 1888, to continue on the family business. William K. passed away in 1967 leaving his two sons, Eugene J. and Valentine to carry on at 1629 Nebraska Ave. where they served thousands of families for over 60 years.
Eugene J. passed away in the spring of 1978, leaving his wife Alice and her sons Eugene Jr. and William C. to continue the tradition. In 1980, the present location at 3838 Airport Highway was opened and continues to serve families today under the guidance of William C. Sujkowski and his daughters Jill and Jenni.